Complete the dialogues with the sentences on the right!
1. Wati : Good afternoon, Sir?
Mr. Priyono: (1)…………….., Wati.
2. Clara : (2)………………, Stella?
Nancy : I’m from Sukaharjo.
3. Denny : (3)………………….
Lia : My name is Lia.
4. Mercia : Hi, Yulia. How are you today?
Yulia : (4)………………, thank you.
5. Lindsay : (5) ………………?
Marcel : I go to school on foot.
Choose the correct answer!
Name : Lia Hermawan.
Call name : Lia
Hair : Wavy
Address : Mangga V/12 Surabaya
Place of birth : Surabaya
Date of birth : 20 February 2000
Nationality : Indonesian
Ambition : a nurse
1. The town where she was born is…..
a. Fajar Indah
c. Central Java
2. Lia’s Nationality is…
3. Nick name for Lia Hermawan is…
d. Lia Hermawan
4. What does she want to be?
a. a singer
b. a nurse
c. a doctor
d. a stewardess
Yudi is introducing himself to Albert, an American boy.
Yudi : Hello, my name is Yudi. I am an Indonesian . I stay at Mataram Street No. 18,
Albert : Hi, Yudi. My name is Albert. I am an American. My address is at 25 Manhattan
Street, New York.
Yudi : How old are you?
Albert : I’m 15 years old. And you?
Yudi : Fourteen years old.
5. What is Yudi’s nationality?
d. New york
6. Is Albert younger (lebih muda) than Yudi?
a. No, he isn’t
b. Yes, he is
c. No, they aren’t
d. Yes, they are
6. Where is Yudi from? He is from…
c. New York
7. Who lives at Manhattan street? …does.
9. Prita : “Hello, Rita.how do you do?”
Rita : “Hello, Prita.—————“
Prita : “Nice to meet you.”
Rita : “Nice to meet you, too.”
- fine, thanks
- how are you.
- How do you do.
- It’s great to meet you.
10. Donny : “Hi, Jeremy. How do you do?
Jeremy : “Hello, Donny. How do you do?
Donny : “ It’s nice to meet you.”
Jeremy : “———————-.”
a. nice to meet you, too.
b. I’m glad you like me.
c. Yes, that’s right.
d. Am I really nice?
11. Angel : “ How are you doing, Agnes?”
Agnes : “——————-, thank you.”
a. I’m glad to meet you.
b. That’s alright
c. I’m very well
d. Nice to meet you
12. Ricky : “ Hi, Steven! How are thing?”
Steven : “ not too bad, thanks. And you?”
Ricky : “——————–.”
a. You are welcome
b. That’s okay
c. Fine, thanks
d. How do you do?
13. Jennifer : ‘ How are you?”
Lourensia : “fine, thanks.”
The underline word here means————-.
a. very well
b. it’s OK
c. not at all
14. Vincentius : “ How are you, Hansen?”
Hansen :” Not too bad, thank you?”
The underlined word here means___________.
a. asking about health
b. asking about weather
c.telling about others
15. “ Good morning, students. How are you today?”
“———, teacher. We are fine, thank you. And you?’.
“ Good, I’m very good.”
a. not so bad
b. you are late
c. good morning
16. “ hello, how is everything?”
“———–, just fine.”
b. oh, yeah
d.how do you do
17. “ how have you been?”
Which of the following answers is not acceptable?
a. I’ve been good
b. All right
c. I ‘ve been from Bandung
d. Not bad
18. The following is what you say to someone when you meet him/her at night?
a. good night
b. good day
c. good evening
d. good afternoon
19. All of the leave-taking following expressions are correct, except————.
a. I think I must be going now
b. I am afraid. It is time for me to leave
c. We have had a wonderful time
d. I am sorry, I have to leave now.
20. Stephany : “I’m afraid, I’ll have to go now?.
Hadi : “ Do you have to go so soon?”
Stephany : “ Yes, good night, Hadi.”
Hadi : “ Good night. See you tomorrow.
The underlined utterance means that Stephany wanted ———-Hadi.
a. to meet
b. to invite
c. to leave
21. Teacher : “ Is there anything else you want to know?’
Students : “ That’s all I want to know.”
Teacher : “ Alright, then see you tomorrow, class!
The underlined utterance expresses————-.
22. You are sending a friend off at the airport. He is going on a holiday. Just before he boards the
plane, you say to him:
a. drive carefully
b. I am fine
c. Do come again
d. Have a safe journey
23. Before Indra goes to bed, he says to his parents:
a. Thank you
b. good bye
c. good night
d. so long
24. before Irene goes to school in the morning, so she says to her parent.
b. chase mw away
c. please leave
d. just go
25. Michael : Mr. Kevin, ………. my father.
Kevin : How do you do, Mr. Hendy.?
Michael : How do you do, Mr. Kevin.
a. I’d like to introduce
b. I want to invite
c. I like you to visit
d. I’m glad to help
26. Jackson : This is Mrs. Janeeve, an old friend of mine.
Samantha : ……………..
a. Pleased to meet you
b. How are you getting on?
c. May I know your name
d. You’re welcome
27. Jack : Rani,…..
Rani : Pleased to meet you.
Janeeve : Pleased to meet you too.
a. Janeeve wants to meet you
b. Don’t you Janeeve is my friend
c. I’d like you to meet my friend
d. Pleased introduce yourself to Janeeve
28. ………. My name is Setiawan.
Hello. I’m Henry. Pleased to meet you.
a. Do you know my name
b. I don’t think we have met
c. I’m very happy to meet you
d. Do you want to know me
29. Ladies and gentlemen, I’d like to introduce my self. ………. I am a lecturer at UGM.
a. I am Jeffry
b. I want you to call me Jeffry
c. Call me Jeffry
d. Jeffry is good name, isn’t it
30. How do you do? It’s nice to meet you.
a. Me too
b. I should be nice
c. Do you?
d. Am I nice
Fill in the blanks with the suitable words!
- Mr. Samsuri is Andi’s grandpa. Andi is Mr. Samsuri’s………
- Hilda is Ani’s…………. Ani is Hilda’s niece.
- Hendra is Mr. Amir’s……………… Mr. Amir is Hendro’a uncle
- Ida is Anti’s cousin. Anti is Ida’s…………..
- Sisca married my brother. She is my………….
- Ridwan is my brother. I am his………….
- Robby is my brother-in-law. My father is his…………
- Mrs. Arman is Riri’s grandmother. Riri is Mrs. Arman’s…………
- Ida is Mr. Anto’s………… Mr. Anto is Ida’s husband
- Bambang is Hanafi’s…………… Hanafi’s is Bambang’s brother.
Read the text and answet the questions!
Mr. and Mrs. Budi has one daughter and one son. They are Tina and Tono. Mr. Budi’s wife is Wati. She is a good mother. Mr. budi has a sister, her name is Tuti. Mr. Anto is Tuti’s husband. Mr. Anto and Tuti have two sons. They are Dedy and Amir. They love their sons very much. Mr. Slamet is Mr.Budi’father. His wife is Mrs. Mina. They are Tina’s and Tino’s grandparents. Dedi and Amir are their grandsons.
- Mr. and Mrs. Budi is Tina’s…………….
- Mr. Budi is Tuti’s…………..
- Mr. Budi is Wati’s………..
- Tuti is Dedi’s and Amir’s…………..
- Mr. Anto is Dedi’s………….
- Tono is Tuti’s………….
- Tuti is Tono’s……………
- Tina is Mr. Anto’s…………
- Mr. Budi is Amir’s……………
- Tina is Mrs. Mina’s………….